The constant rise of allergies in the general population has inspired a huge increase in anti-allergy products. The most widespread would be pillow protectors. As we come in contact with pillows on a nightly base, some of us even more often than that, choice of best pillow protectors can be a bit tricky.
Table List Products:
|Aller-Ease Cotton Pillow Protectors, Standard (Pack of 2), White 2 Count||$14.07||Buy on Amazon|
|Everlasting Comfort Waterproof Pillow Protectors - Set of 2, Standard Size Pillow Cases with Zipper...||$14.40||Buy on Amazon|
What do you look for and what is actually best can be left to argument or taste, but in this article, you might find a few hints that can help you in your endeavor of protecting yourself from nasty allergens. After all, your health and health of your family is of paramount importance. So let’s start on the best pillow protector for allergies journey.
10. AllerEase 100% Cotton Allergy Protection Pillow Protectors
AllerEase is a relatively new company on the market but it has provided a solid line up of products. So it’s no wonder that few of their best selling models have found themselves on this list. This particular one is of a standard size of twenty inches by twenty-six inches and comes in a set of two.
- It’s made out of 100% cotton, which eliminates most doubts about the hypoallergenic properties. It gives it that breathable feeling of natural material, and that is always a plus.
- Noiseless, so you can turn and tumble without that annoying rasp of fabric.
- Hypoallergenic and protective, which means it doesn’t only help you with your allergies problems, it extends the life of your pillows.
- Only available in white, so if you have a certain color preference you’re out of luck.
- The zipper can be a problem for some, but if such things don’t bother you, more power to you.
- There is a possibility of shrinkage after washing if you’re not careful, but that is the case for almost all-natural fabrics.
9. AllerEase Ultimate Protection & Comfort Temperature Balancing Pillow Protector
Here we have another line of AllerEase. This time we have something higher tech than a previous entry. Instead of cotton, time tested material, AllerEase offers eighty-eight percent Polyester and twelve percent Nylon blend. The synthetic fabric provides an anti-bacterial environment which inhibits the development of all sort of nasty rent-free roommates. It prevents the collection of dust mites quite well which gives it a slight boost on the rankings in my opinion.
- Temperature balancing technology is a lifesaver. We all been there, lying in bed, unable to fall asleep because your pillow was too hot or too cold, depending on the time of the year, making us flip it every few minutes with no avail. Well, no longer.
- Absolut prevention of any unwanted hitchhikers thanks to the high tech blend. Tha barrier is quite effective and worth investing in.
- The blend used prevents ironing. So it’s quite the hassle to keep creasing to a minimum. For some of us that that wouldn’t be a problem, while for others it can be a considerable drawback.
- It’s a pack of one. It’s up to you if it’s worth considering. If you’re looking for something more in bulk, this is not it.
8. Set of 2 Standard Size SureGuard Pillow Protectors
SureGuard is a well-established player on the market. They provide waterproof pillow protectors yet retain a cotton surface that feels soft and familiar. This model comes in a set of two pillow protectors of standard size with a ten-year warranty. It speaks volumes about the confidence of manufacturers when they offer a guaranty of such length.
- Zipper with Invisi-Zip technology makes the safest way to protect your pillows. Usually, I would consider most zippers a con but this is a dream come through. Almost invisible and tight sealed which makes it bug-free.
- Waterproof. Most of the time it comes with a lot of drawbacks, but SureGuard found a middle road that provides one hundred percent liquid resistance with little to no drawbacks. No more stains from saliva or sweat, or any other way you can find to ruin your pillows.
- Multiple washing might compromise waterproof ability. So be very careful to follow manufacturers’ recommendations.
- You can’t describe them as crunchy, but they are not exactly silent either. If that’s not an obstacle for you, ignore this con.
7. Evolon Allergy Pillow Protector | Euro Square Zippered Encasement
If you’re environmentally conscious and want to choose eco-friendly pillow covers, this might be your pick. Evolon is a German engineered product that utilizes microfilament technology. For a layman that sounds quite sci-fi, but it boils down to tiny pores of only one micron, filtering almost all negative critters or particles. Even with such high tech, it uses an eco-friendly process that minimizes the impact on the environment. It even boasts ‘cotton-like comfort’ after proper handling.
- It can absorb up to four times its weight of liquid. Quite the alternative from the previous waterproof concept. The drying is extremely fast as well, making it a perfect choice for all sweat-drenched needs.
- Plastics or other plastic-like materials are not used making it an attractive candidate if you’re not a fan of how PVC materials feel.
- It can be washed and bleached without ill effects. At least in the lines of reason.
- Depending on where you live, the size might be hard to fit your pillows. The shape of a square, sixty-five by sixty-five centimeters is common in Europe, that could be not the case everywhere.
- Some people are not fond of the ‘feel’ of fabric. Describing it akin to paper or landscape fabric. Your mileage may vary and it boils down to taste.
6. Everlasting Comfort Waterproof Pillow Protectors
Everlasting Comfort offers a wide range of sizes, from standard to king-sized and in packs of two or four. Giving you the flexibility to your purchase. Other than choice, the features it boasts about are as impressive. Waterproof, hypoallergenic, and with the bonus of a lifetime replacement in a case of any deficiency of advertised features. Quite a brave choice by the manufacturer that shows trust and confidence in their product.
- The protector has a breathable membrane that works as advertised. That’s quite hard to achieve if the pillow protector is waterproof as well.
- Lifetime warranty is nothing but a pro, even if you’re not looking for one. Having an extra safety net on your investment is always welcomed.
- The fabric might give a cheap feel to people not used to waterproofing. Some user preference is always involved when purchasing anything.
- Creasing is unavoidable, so if you’re looking for pristinely ironed protectors these might not be for you.
5. Set of 2 King Size SureGuard Pillow Protectors
SureGuard once again finds it’s way to our list, but this time in king size. But don’t worry, there is quite a bit for you to choose from if king size is too vague for you. It comes in a pack of two and boasts the waterproof, bed bug proof, hypoallergenic qualities. And it comes with a ten-year warranty.
- Waterproofing with cotton terry surface that does well with moisture.
- Noiseless, making rustling and turning a bit more stealthy.
- Breathing material might be overstated as some users have reported pockets of air being prevented to exist. But those might have been a fluke.
- The cotton feel of the surface doesn’t retain its softness for very long.
4. UltraPlush Premium Waterproof Pillow Protector
UltraPlush pillow protector comes in queen size twenty inches by thirty inches, which is pretty standard. The manufacturer claims their pillow protectors are sixty-five percent better in defense against liquids than standard pillow protectors. It comes with other features such as a zippered pillowcase with hypoallergenic and bug-proofed qualities. Claims it will not change the feel of your pillow while offering all listed benefits.
- Twenty-year warranty from date of purchase. Like always it shows dedication to pleasing their customers and generous length makes it even more appealing.
- High quality and luxurious feel next to mold and pollen protection, among other things, makes UltraPlush quite high on our list.
- The fabric slightly affects the pliability of your pillow. This can bother some people.
- The zipper might be on a smaller size than usual, which can prove problematic for some people.
3. Sealy Posturepedic Allergy Protection Zippered Pillow Protector
Sealy protector is simple without many frills and extra added features. It provides high-quality protection for your pillow with hypoallergenic function and extends the lifetime of your pillow. Made out of polyester, time tested material with a long and quality service. No experiments or high tech materials. Just what it says on the thin. Sometimes classics are what you need and if you’re old fashioned, or just don’t like the feel of newer materials this product might be for you.
- Using the well-tested material makes it easy to take care and clean. You don’t have to worry too much about how to handle them.
- Quite durable and long-lasting, perfect for people who like to buy and forget.
- Soft enough that if you’re brave enough you don’t even need pillowcases.
- Size might be a problem since they are quite a bit larger than standard. King size pillows can fit, but standard once might have a bit of room left.
- No extra features other than hypoallergenic protection. This might be a problem for some buyers, but if you’re not looking for anything extra, feel free to ignore this as a drawback.
2. Aller-Ease Maximum Allergy Protector – Hypoallergenic Pillow
AllerEase once again comes with a well-rounded product. It boasts protection from all kinds of household allergens, from bed bugs to pet dander, all that with a breathable fabric. Sleeping nice and easy while being safe from all kinds of unwanted hazards that can accumulate during usage. As a leading brand of allergen barriers, they do have a resume to show for in a short time they have been on the market. You get everything in one neat package.
- Affordable high-quality pillow protectors with overall high standards.
- Machine washable is a huge advantage for modern, active people. Although not even close to a unique feature, hard to find bundled with all other advertised features.
- Ten years’ limited warranty is nothing to sneeze at, although we highly suggest you check conditions of such deals.
- Only one protector comes within the pack. That could be a problem if you’re not paying attention during purchases. Lucky for you, we have warned you about it.
- The feel of the fabric might not be to everyone’s taste. It’s a risk when trying to make a product that covers most bases. Like always, user tastes are unique and you might feel otherwise.
1. Pillow Protector 2 Pack – Extra Soft Knit – Waterproof Zippered Hypoallergenic Case
Calm Nite provides a simple solution to most of your pillow protector hygiene needs. Since the other layer is made out of silky soft polyester, you don’t have to worry if you will not like the feel of the fabric as you would with some of the other entries on the list. Polyurethane Waterproof Layer gives it protection against liquids, keeping your pillow nice and dry. Yet breathing and keeping you cool at night. With a choice of three different sizes that can match most people’s needs.
- All in one package that offers a nice balance of features without extremes in either direction.
- Affordable for the protection it offers.
- Quite easy to use and to maintain.
- If you’re a person who moves a lot during the night, they might not be the most silent option you can find.
- Some marked features might be a bit overstated.
Table Best Selling Products:
Any product on this list can find a nice place in your home. All of them have their strengths and weakness which we tried to present in an easy to read manner. Asthma and other problems with breathing are quite widespread and any small step in elevating those problems is a step forward in the right direction.
We spent a lot of time in our beds which makes it critical to protect pillows from all different types of hazards that can accumulate over the days and months. A smart move is to always try to prevent ill effects instead of curing them later on. Now you have a starting idea of what to look for your own home.